Automatically save Gmail attachments to Dropbox or another cloud ...

Free service Attachments.me makes short work of migrating your attachments to the cloud for safekeeping.

Rick Broida Sep 21, 2012 2:33 PM

For more than 20 years, Rick Broida has written about all manner of technology, from Amigas to business servers to PalmPilots. His credits include dozens of books, blogs, and magazines. He sleeps with an iPad under his pillow.

Reader Meg wants to know how she can save her Gmail folders to her Dropbox account. She already tried something called , a Web service built expressly for the purpose of saving Gmail attachments to Dropbox, but balked at the $15 annual subscription fee. I'm with you, Meg: I'm so cheap, I won't even tip my hat. Fortunately, there's a less-expensive (read: free) alternative that's actually even more versatile. is a free service that can upload Gmail attachments to Box...