I can't sign in to gmail or igoogle in Firefox 13 on my XP machine ...

I can't sign in to gmail or igoogle in Firefox 13 on my XP machine, but I can in Chrome, which is not my default browser, and in IE, which I loathe. Ever since the ...

Ever since the release of Firefox 13 (spit), I have been unable to sign in to gmail and igoogle (haven't bothered with other google services since those two are out). I just get connecting...connecting...and nothing happens. I am able to open both sites in Chrome, but it is not my default browser so it's a truncated version of what I'm used to and I'm finding web site incompatibilities. At work (a gov't workstation so very locked down) I am able to open gmail and igoogle successfully in the gov't browser IE, however again a lot of functionality is blocked. I would like to be able to open gmail and igoogle in this version of Firefox, or else roll back to the previous version.