Firefox 3.6.13 won't log onto gmail or google accounts, plus ...

Running 3.6.13 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Since 3.6.12, I've had hit-or-miss issues being able to log onto my gmail (no, not a password issue). ...

Running 3.6.13 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Since 3.6.12, I've had hit-or-miss issues being able to log onto my gmail (no, not a password issue). When I tried loading gmail (either through the unsecure or the https version), the connection would often time out, with Firefox telling me the connection was interrupted and/or had been reset. Hotmail would load, but if I selected multiple messages to move or delete, it wouldn't work, and a notice would pop onto my hotmail session, saying that I wasn't connected to the internet. So I tried Chrome, and the gmail issue wasn't a problem in Chrome. But, sure enough, the Hotmail thing was still an issue in Chrome. After running through all the suggestions I could find here and elsewhere--including deleting cookies, cache, etc., and cre...